Monday, December 15, 2008

To cold to go to school?

This post is for our family and friends back in AZ. After having a snow day last week for what seemed like no apparent reason I thought for sure the kids would have at least a two hour delay this morning. It snowed all morning yesterday and then in the afternoon the sun came out just enough to melt the snow so it could freeze again overnight. When I went to bed at midnight I thought we would have a nice lazy morning and I could sleep in today. No such luck. Not only did we have to get up on time it was FREEZING outside. When the boys left for school it was -3 degrees. The news said it was -18 with the windchill although it didn't seem to windy to me. I bundeld the kids up before they left and they didn't seem to mind the cold. It has warmed up a little, as of now it is 2 degrees. As I am sure you have guessed my day will be spent cuddling with Ally on the couch!!! Lucky for me I have the Survivor finale on tivo! Anybody who hasn't seen it come on over!!
The boys on the way to school.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I know! I thought for sure the kids would at least have a delay today. At least it's warmed up to a whopping 2 degrees now.

Mel said...

I agree! I didn't want to have to drive T to seminary at 5:30 so that was a bummer

Jessica Morel said...

OHGosh, I refused to go outside yesterday at in was in the 50's. I have no idea how people even survive in negative weather. I like that you stay inside with the baby. Speaking of you little one, she is so dang cute and you are lucky to get so many beautiful smiles out of her. I have one child that refuses to smile. You will see which one when you get our holiday card.

Maureen said...

Pretty insane, isn't it, how they determine their delays and closures. Your boys look like they should be in Alaska! I'll bet Arizona seems like heaven to you on days like that!

Mel said...

Hey, the Five Guys is on Academy across from Archiver's and Fat Burger. I am sure he would like it-lots of food. Just like a guy likes