Thursday, December 11, 2008

Catching Up

Well it's been a while since my last blog so here's what's been happening with us. Brandon took a day off of work a few weeks ago and the boy's had a day out with dad. They each got to pick one thing they wanted to do. Dylan choice was to go to build a bear workshop and Jaxon wanted to go hiking. It was a little chilly so we tried to talk him out of that but had no luck. The weather turned out to be O.K. and they had a great time. They left after breakfast and by 5 p.m. Ally and I were feeling kind of lonely and were looking forward to them coming home. We had spent the day at home keeping warm and reading a book. Well I was reading and Ally was sleeping!! Here are some pictures of the boys fun day.
Jax with his bear, Tom Brady and
Dylan with his bear Dilly
They boys hiking at Garden of the Gods. Dylan climbing up the rocks.

Jax striking a pose.

After Garden of the Gods the guys drove about an hour away and went hiking in the woods. They came across this tepee and the boys thought it was really cool.

We haven't had much snow this year so the boy's have been waiting patiently to go sledding. We finally had a pretty good snow storm and Brandon took the boys to the school to sled down the hill. They have been asking for a snowboard but I think we will stick with the sleds for at least one more year. Once again Ally and I stayed nice and warm at home. She's still a little young to be out on the hills. Maybe next year!


Even though Ally wasn't able to go sledding I had to get a picture of her with the boys in the snow.
Although we haven't had much snow we have had some cold days. One day this week when the boys left for school it was only 10 degrees outside. The boys didn't seem to mind at all. Of course I decided the errands I had to run could wait another day!! I case you haven't noticed a theme, when it is REALLY cold outside or snowing I stay nice and warm inside. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in AZ!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Cute photos! So what book are you reading?

Rach said...

I love your new blog header! I'm with you, I stay inside when it's really cold out. It comes from growing up in TX I guess.