Friday, October 10, 2008

Now Where Did I put my Sea Legs?














I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Cabo last weekend to celebrate the 40th birthday of one of my best friends. After realizing that babies require passports and that Ally and Sommar would be unable to attend I bit the bullet and officially became a 5th wheel. I was there with a couple that I have known 10 years and a couple that I had never met. The cool thing was they did a great job of making me feel comfortable not having my wife there, it would have been even more fun with Sommar there but I survived a vacation in Mexico. We had a boys day out at sea, deep sea fishing on a 32' boat. I quickly realized that my childhood dreams of being a pirate would never come true as I laid in the small cabin of the ship for four hours after dry heaving for an hour on deck. Welcome to sea sickness. Let it be known that I still had a blast and I caught a Dorado, all in all we took home 2 Dorado and 1 Marlin.



3 comments:

Rach said...

Wow dry heaving and having your pirate dreams crushed on the same trip, that's rough!! Glad you had fun in Mexico.

Anonymous said...

We had a great time at Cabo. I'm glad you didn't feel like a 5th wheel, you were a lot of fun to hang out with. John and I are ready to go on vacation again. You missed out not getting any of your fish. It is soooo good! P.S. Your baby's darling!

Jason and Becky said...

I am Jealous. Glad that you had a good time and it is even better when you do catch fish!!!!!!