Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And the winner is........

I have won the award for worst mother of the year. I took Jax to the doctor because he had some bumps on his skin that have been there for several weeks. For those who know Jax his skin is horrible because of his eczema so the bumps were not that surprising to begin with. Anyway I took him in the the good news was the bumps turned out to be nothing and the doctor said they will go away on there own. Then the doctor proceeded to tell me that Jax had two raging ear infections. He couldn't believe how bad his ears looked and he looked straight at me and said " Hasn't he been complaining about his ears hurting." I wish he would have because I wouldn't have looked so dumb!!! Not only does he have double ear infections his lungs sounded wheezy so Jax has had to have two breathing treatments a day for the last few days. I think the doctor lost all confidence in my ability to know when my child is sick so we have to go back in two weeks just to make sure the ear infections are gone.

As if that was not bad enough to add insult to injury we went to pick up his medicine and the medicine for his ears cost $50 and that with insurance!!! Let's just say it was not a good day!!!!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Ah man!! It's been a rough week for you guys, huh?!

Hope he gets better quickly!

Mel said...

Yep, you are the winner this week! :) I don't like it when doctors make you think you did something wrong. What a tough kid!

Jamie said...

That's crazy! I can't believe he wasn't screaming his head off, ear infections are so painful! Emi went to the ear doctor yesterday to get a tube taken out that has been trying to push itself out but had gotten stuck in her ear canal. It's been bugging her for about 4 months and it only took about 2 seconds for the doctor to get it out with tweezers. Geesh.

Maureen said...

OLh Sommar! I know how that feels. I sent Kevin to school once when he'd been complaining that he didn't feel well and I just told him to suck it up and go (he was about 7). The school nurse called me to come and get him. When I got there she fixed me with a steely look and said, "He shouldn't even be in school today! You need to take this child to the doctor!"

*sigh* I hate things like this. But I KNOW what a good mother you are.

Rach said...

That Jax is one tough guy! I had the same exact thing happen to T, the doctor looked in his ear and gasped because the infection was so bad. T hadn't said a thing about it though. So, put me in that worst mother of the year category too, I guess.